The volunteers at SSHH are an integral part of our agency. We are grateful for how they help us dramatically change the lives of homeless individuals and families. Volunteer opportunities include the following.
Housewarming for the Homeless Donation Drive
- Every year, near the beginning of December, SSHH hosts a household goods donation drive at Cal Expo, to collect items for the recently chronically homeless.
- Volunteer Needs - Groups of 10-20 volunteers to help unload, organize, sort, and categorize donations during and after the event. For more information about Housewarming for the Homeless view our Events Page.
Holiday Workplace Donation Drive
- Every Holiday season we ask our partners to collect household goods and appliances, such as towels, blankets, and microwaves for our program houses.
- Volunteer Needs - Host a donation bin at your workplace! Help spread the word and garner donations for the recently homeless.
One-Time Group Projects
- Every Day SSHH staff and volunteers are directly involved with the Sacramento homeless community. Therefore, SSHH is continually in need of hygiene type kits to distribute to our clients.
- Volunteer Needs - Group or individuals to purchase, bundle, and donate homeless hygiene kits. Hygiene kits typically include hand wipes, pack of kleenex, toothbrush and toothpaste, band-aids, chapstick comb, cough drops, etc...
House Maintenance and Landscaping
- SSHH operates nearly 200 homes in Sacramento County. As you can imagine, maintenance and landscaping are difficult to manage. So, SSHH is asking groups of volunteers to spend a day doing yard work.
- Volunteer Needs - Groups of 5 - 15 volunteers to do yardwork at our program homes.