Job Title: Accounts Receivable Specialist
Reports To: Accounting Manager
FLSA Status: Full time/Non-Exempt
Summary: The Accounts Receivable Specialist will report directly to the Accounting Manager. This positions will be responsible for all aspects of timely and accurate receivables invoicing and cash receipt processing. The Accounts Receivable Specialist will also be responsible for a variety of general office responsibilities and duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Bills direct and indirect expenses by program to the appropriate funding source.
• Reviews and calculates indirect costs per program contract in preparation for billing
• Reviews and calculates wages from Paychex Online reports in preparation for direct billing of wages per contract requirements.
• Tracks and follows up on unpaid invoices
• Maintains detailed excel spreadsheets with calculated data as backup to all invoices (when applicable per contract)
• Pulls timecard verifications and paid AP invoice copies as verification of Program expenses when necessary.
• Enters finalized cash receipts and updates accounts receivable ledger by customer.
• Reviews Program P&L throughout invoice creation process.
• Files receivables check stubs and bank receipts.
• Researches and processes invoice inquiries
• Researches and processes charge backs, returns, and bad checks