Job Title: Housing Operations Specialist - Stockton
Department: Interim Housing Department
Reports To: Program Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Prepared By: HR to Go
Prepared Date: May 2018
Summary: The Housing Operations Specialist reports directly to the Program Manager. Under the direction of the Program Manager, this position oversees a team of House Leaders and engages with case management to ensure smooth and efficient delivery of services to all individuals within the Interim Housing Program.
Employment decisions of personnel will be made solely on the basis of merit, skill, training, ability, and qualifications without discrimination with regard to: race, age, color, religious creed, gender, genetic information, genetic characteristics, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, religion, marital status, military status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: including the following;
• Assists in the training of House Leaders.
• Conducts housing location search for clients and for BHS programs.
• Assists Program Manager in training housing locators
• Complete intakes and transport clients to Interim Housing sites for all programs.
• Handles issues that arise within Interim Housing sites in a professional manner.
• Attends weekly meetings with Housing Case Management and Program Management staff of SSHH.
• Transports clients and/or their belongings to Interim Housing sites.
• Communicates all crises and staff changes to the Program Manager immediately.
• Keeps records of house rule violations, maintenance and service requests.
• Monitors and enforces behavioral contracts for program participants who have violated program rules.
• Ensures that Interim Program houses have all necessary household supplies and renews those supplies monthly.
• Reports maintenance issues to the Program Manager
• Manages crises as they arise, and other duties as assigned.
• Regular, predictable attendance is required.
• Ability to get along and work effectively with others.