Job Title: Property Accounting Clerk
Reports To: Accounting Manager
FLSA Status: Full time/Non Exempt
Prepared By: HR to Go
Prepared Date: March 2019
Summary: The Property Accounting Clerk will assist in multiple property related accounts payable duties including but not limited to tracking expenses by funding source. Use of multiple software platforms on a daily basis will be required. A high level of accuracy to detail is required. The ability to work in a high volume and rapid growing department is required.
Employment decisions of personnel will be made solely on the basis of merit, skill, training, ability, and qualifications without discrimination with regard to: race, age, color, religious creed, gender, genetic information, genetic characteristics, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, religion, marital status, military status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Data entry of property related invoices by following established procedures and standards (speed, attention to detail and accuracy are highly emphasized)
• Ability to understand, and reconcile invoice data with an emphasis on re-occurring utility and service invoices.
• Data entry into excel spreadsheets for assigned reporting purposes
• Performs basic audit functions to ensure proper posting to general ledger accounts.
• Prepares correspondence to assist in answering inquiries and resolving discrepancies.
• Maintains both digital and hardcopy vendor files which include: vendor invoices, check copies, contracts, forms and other specific vendor information.
• Communicates with vendors and departmental personnel via telephone, email and written correspondence to answer inquiries and provide information.
• Maintain and Collect W9 Forms and 1099 data for all new and existing vendor accounts.
• Respond professionally and respectfully to vendor inquiries regarding payment status
• Work with other SSHH department staff on specialized projects under the direction of direct supervisor.