Job Title: Housing Services Director
Department: Housing Services Department
Reports To: Executive Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Prepared Date: August 2019
Summary: The Housing Services Director
Employment decisions of personnel will be made solely on the basis of merit, skill, training, ability, and qualifications without discrimination with regard to: race, age, color, religious creed, gender, genetic information, genetic characteristics, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, religion, marital status, military status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide day-to-day leadership, supervision, and support to the housing services department supervisors and teams. Ensure competency, quality services, employee engagement, and implementation of consistent, equitable program policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and facilitate team meetings, retreats, and other recurring staff events.
- Recruit, interview and hire all Homeless Services Department staff.
- Schedule, monitor, and supervise Homeless Services Department staff.
- Assure new employees are properly trained on responsibilities, duties and organization policies/procedures.
- Negotiate or mediate disputes related to staff, participants and landlords.
- Oversee the delivery of the agency’s outreach/navigation, housing location and housing counseling programs funded by Sacramento County, the City of Sacramento, other local jurisdictions, and other funders.
- Direct, monitor, and evaluate all program operations, working directly with department supervisors to ensure program outcomes are understood and achieved, regulatory compliance standards are met, budgets are maintained, and timely, accurate and thorough documentation occurs.
- Assist in the preparation and implementation of the program budgets and oversee expenditures for all program and grant budgets.
- Develop programs, capacities, policies and procedures to meet the needs of program participants and fulfill contractual obligations. Support and develop quality assurance plans.
- Assure a spreadsheet is maintained and updated with progress toward housing move in.
- Assure clients are assisted with accessing services and housing.
- Ensure required data is accurately imputed into various database systems corresponding to contract requirements. Ensure employees are provided required training and support in order to accurately manage various database systems.
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality related to client information.
- Establish and maintain positive and productive partnerships with local providers, community partners, contract stakeholders, and others within the community.
- Coordinate with other agencies that provide related services for SSHH program participants and assure proper working relations between and among staff and programs.
- Work with colleagues to evaluate/assess community and agency needs to develop appropriate programs and services.
- Represent the agency to businesses, media, other agencies, and community groups as appropriate and needed.
- Work closely with homeless service providers and members of law enforcement to coordinate navigation and client contracts.
- In coordination with SSHH Executive staff, identify potentially beneficial services that could be made available to SSHH program participants and coordinate the design of new programs to include methodologies, outcomes, evaluation plans, and relevant partnerships.
- Attend SSHH Board meetings when requested and report on program activity.
- Submit monthly program report for SSHH Board meetings.
- Perform other related duties as required to support the mission of the organization and the program.
- Regular, predictable attendance is required.
- Ability to get along and work effectively with others.