Summary: The HR Coordinator reports to the HR Manager and is responsible for performing a variety of clerical duties, office tasks, and administrative support. The HR Coordinator will also be responsible for performing human resources tasks and supporting the HR Manager with various duties and projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists with various administrative tasks dependent on workflow and needs of the office and staff; includes but is not limited to: running errands, meeting preparation, organizing birthdays, and staff scheduling.
- Coordinates various projects, such as; employee events, employee communications, guest speakers, and all staff meetings.
- Performs office operations and procedures such as typing, correspondence, filing, and other clerical services and initiates cost reduction programs.
- Ensures proper functioning of all office equipment, including computers, printers, copiers and fax machines; coordinates with IT representative when a problem with use of equipment arises.
- Purchases and delivers new hire equipment, employee Business Cards and ID Cards.
- Produces and distributes weekly staff newsletter.
- Maintains knowledge of legal requirements affecting human resources functions and works with HR Manager and HR Consultant to ensure policies and procedures are in compliance.
- Completes verifications of employment, unemployment claims and mails/files wage garnishments.
- Maintains and periodically audits employee personnel and medical files to ensure all information is current, compliant and accurate.
- Supports the HR Manager with benefits programs, administration and open enrollment.
- Assists the HR Manager with the tracking and administration of all leaves in accordance with organization policies and applicable law.
- Performs recruiting functions such as: preparing job descriptions, posting jobs on internet sites, and screening resumes to determine best candidates for the client’s positions. Performs reference and background checks. Prepares offer letters and new hire packets.
- Assists with the coordination and preparation of on-boarding and exit meetings.
Renee Mettler MPA, PHR
Human Resource Manager
PO Box 188445
Sacramento, CA 95818
Main # 916-341-0593 #231
Fax # 916-341-0598